Friday 17 July 2015

Nearing the end

Hello all.


It's been a week since i last wrote anything but all is good here. I can't put any Pictures up this time but hopefully will be able to soon.


I am currently just outside Karlskrona which is in the SE of Sweden. I have one or two more days riding left Before I head over to Kopenhagen for my flight home.


Since I last wrote I have been through the islands of Äland off the coast of Finland. They are really flat and linked up by lots of bridges and ferry's. I spotted some good wildlife including an Otter with a pike ( I Think) in it's mouth and a monster sea eagle. It must have had a wingspan of well over 3 meters!


I got the ferry back to Stockholm from Marinehamn. It was quite an experience. I got on at half 8 in the morning to an enormous cruisleiner but it was deserted. After a while people started appearing. It turns out it's a booze cruis boat from Stockholm and no one actually gets off the other end. They party all night then stay on the boat, Wake up around ten and carry on drinking. There were some right sorry states including a guy who I watched take ten minutes to put his shoes on the wrong feet whilst security waited for him.


Darryl kindly put me up for the night when I got back into the city and the next day I was heading South to Nynashamn to get the ferry to Götland to stay with my friend Niclas and his family. This has been the highlight of my trip. They stay in a Lovely old Chapel in the South of the Island. They looked after me so well and made me fell really at home. I owe them a big favour when they make it to the UK. I stayed for a couple of nights and enjoyed going for a ride without the panniers on with Milieana's father.


The day after I headed back up North to Visby, the capital city of Gotland. It is a walled medieval Town and really beautiful. I stayed in an hostel which is an old prison. Niclas and Mauri joined me for the day and we had a walk around, great food and a few beers. Götland is a really party Town at this time of year. I woke up a bit groggy the next day.


The ferry took me back to the mainland and Oskarshamn. Since here I have been riding South. The scenery has changed and is a lot more agricultural. The roads are lined with Oak trees, the sun's been sihing and it's been stunning. The two Towns I have stahed in, Karlmar and Karlskrona are both castled towns and verry pretty.


My plan is to ride to Karlshamn today then head over to Helsinbourg on the train to catch a football game before heading over to Denmark for my flight home.


Sorry I can't get any Pictures up. I will as soon as I can. All's good here


Cheers,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment