Wednesday 1 July 2015

Well worth the effort

Hello all,

I am currently at Gävsva library which is about 200 miles north of Stockholm. I did try to post from my brand new tablet but it appears to be broken already, oh well! Sorry I can't put any pictures up

It's been tough going but a lot of fun. I had forgotten how hardt was riding a fully laden bike weighing 50KG, also I think the pilot of the bike is also a feew KG's heavier than last time!

All the travel went smoothly and the bike arrived in one piece. The fist bit of maintainance was pumping up the tyres and managing to snap a valve off the tube, not the best start.

The first days riding was from Skavsta airport to Darryl's hous on Lindingö which is an island in Stockholm. I thought it was going to take 5 or 6 hours, it ended up taking 8. I was spent by the end of it! I was well looked after and fed there.

Next day was ridingt North along the cykelspäret which is the route that I will take all the way whilst heading up to Umeä. I could barely trun the pedaös over at some points, I was finding it really tough.

I've just noticed I am about to run out my 15 minutes in the library so will have to cut it short.

An overview
I am feeling much happier on the bike after 4 days riding
Sweden is (so far) incredibly beautiful
The cycle route I am following is stunning and sometimes a little close to mountain biking!
There are a lot of lakes
You can only buy beer up to 3.5%!!!

I hope to be able to write more soon and hopefully add some pictures.

Cheers,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment